Do you love where you live and would like to help keep it looking clean and tidy?
Then join the Lickey and Blackwell Adopt a Street scheme and make a difference to your community.
All you have to do is sign the complete the volunteer forms and email them to our Executive Officer. The form includes:
- Telling us which area of land you would like to adopt (public land only unless you have permission from the landowner)
- A promise from you to litter pick your chosen site at least three times a year on dates of your choosing and at your convenience
- Safety guidance and agreement to follow the measures suggested
- A space for your contact details
The area you choose to litter pick can be as small or as large as you like. The scheme is open to individuals and community groups.
You can use your black bin at home for disposing of any litter you collect.
Community groups should pre-agree collection arrangements in advance in the same way.
In return for your commitment we will provide you with:
- Free Litter picking equipment and bags (limited to 10 sets for community groups)
- Guidance on health and safety
We will still be carrying out our litter picking and street cleansing duties as well as a range of other activities to encourage people to dispose of their litter responsibly. Together we can help keep Lickey and Blackwell clean and tidy.
Send us your litter picking information
If you are already one of our Adopt a Street volunteers, then let us know how much litter you are collecting by using our online form,
You do not have to do this, but the information you send us will help us build a better picture of the litter problem across district and allow us to take more targeted action.
Upload your Adopt a Street litter pick information.